jueves, 9 de mayo de 2013

A concert

I had go to so many concerts! I'ts a hobby to me, and i really spend lots of money on that, no regrets, because i have seen my favourites band of all times, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Animal Collective, Interpol, Toro y Moi, Phoenix, Mogwai, among others. But the concert i enjoyed the most (maybe because is the last i went) was Grizzly Bear. They played 3 months ago in Buenos Aires, Argentina. From the moment i noticed that they was not coming to Chile i told my boyfriend (he loves them too) that we must go. We saved money for two weeks, just for the bus tickets. Afortunately i had a friend that lives in Buenos Aires, so he could accept us in his house. But we had nomoney for the concert tickets :( in that moment we almost give up. In my desesperation i wrote an inbox to the Grizzly Bear Facebook page, and guess what... the vocalist answered me! he told me that me and my boyfriend where on the guest list of the show, he gave me his cell number and we talked a little.
The day of the show went all perfect, the show was oniric an the band sounded so much better live than the studio version. That improvised trip to Argentina is one of the things i'll never forget, i always smile when i remember that day.

Ready. able by Grizzly Bear

xoxo
puppy-island

3 comentarios:

  1. Wow, you were very lucky! I would like that one of my favourite singers answer me too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I envy you a little, I couldn't go to see Radiohead and Phoenix because I hadn't money. I hope they come again.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Nice story. This is the sort of thing that often happens to me. I heard the first Grizzly Bear album (when he was solo) which was interesting but I haven't heard the more recent stuff. What do you recommend?

    ResponderEliminar